If you are searching for the best dentists in La Jolla, look no further than Dr. George Georgaklis. Not only is he renowned for his clinical excellence, biological techniques, and orthodontic innovations. He is also highly regarded for his dedication to his patients’ comfort and convenience. With his pleasant chairside manner and personalized treatment, he strives to ensure hassle-free care. His comfortably furnished office is specially designed to eliminate anxiety. He also utilizes the latest technology to minimize your discomfort and recovery time. Finally, he offers several sedation options for more severely anxious patients. Thanks in part to these combined efforts, San Diego Magazine recently named him a San Diego top dentist in the field of cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics.
A Pleasant Experience with a La Jolla Top Dentist
Dr. Georgaklis understands that truly outstanding dental care depends on personalized treatment. He and his team will take time to get to know you, as well as your individual needs and goals. Your dental care will be built of a foundation of trust, and you can rest assured that Dr. Georgaklis will always recommend treatments that are in your best interests. You will even establish a physical signal, indicating that you wish Dr. Georgaklis to stop the procedure. In this way, you will always remain in control of your treatment. Our entire office is designed around your comfort. Each treatment room is equipped with DVD players and CD headphones. We have a broad selection of music and movies to keep you relaxed and entertained during your appointment. You can also bring in your own CD or DVD to put you at ease. You are even welcome to come with a friend for moral support.
Advanced Technology for Your Comfort
Although personalized and compassionate care is the foundation of good dental treatment, state-of-the-art tools can also make your procedure virtually discomfort free. As one of the best dentists in San Diego, Dr. Georgaklis uses a diverse range of innovative tools and techniques. These include:
- Dental lasers: If you suffer from gum disease, Dr. Georgaklis can use lasers to eliminate bacteria from your soft tissues. The lasers precisely target bacteria with little effect on the surrounding tissues.
- Ozone therapy: Our in-office ozone generator can kill bacteria and sterilize tissues far more effectively than chlorine or other chemicals. In many cases, it can eliminate the need for root canal therapy.
Because Dr. Georgaklis has been practicing dentistry for 35 years, he thoroughly understands dental anxiety. Even with advanced tools and compassionate techniques, he knows that you may still feel nervous. Therefore, he offers several forms of sedation to more effectively reduce your anxiety and allow you to receive the treatment you need. Our sedation choices include:
- Oral Sedation: Dr. Georgaklis may prescribe anti-anxiety medication to take at home. The medication will ease your worries and give you a sense of deep relaxation, although you will be conscious during your treatment. With oral sedation, you will need to arrange for a ride to and front the office.
- Nitrous oxide: More commonly referred to as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is administered through a mask over your nose. As you breathe in the gas, you will feel deeply relaxed and even mildly euphoric. Nitrous oxide wears off quickly, and you can typically drive yourself home from your appointment.
- IV Sedation: IV sedation is the most powerful form of sedation. The intravenous drugs will induce a deep sleep, and when the medication wears off, you will not remember anything about your appointment.
Dr. Georgaklis will discuss these various options at your initial consultation. Together you will choose the method that is most suited to your needs.
Enjoy Comfortable, Stress-Free Care with a Top Dentist in La Jolla
If you suffer from dental anxiety, or if you are simply looking for compassionate, gentle treatment, contact the one of the best dentists in San Diego today.