Managing Dental Anxiety in San Diego | Many today face fears and anxiety when confronted with the possibility of heading into the dental office, and unfortunately many people avoid visiting their dentist until they experience extreme pain.
We practice Holistic Dentistry at our San Diego office, and we provide our patients with a number of resources and products that can help eliminate fears and manage dental anxiety.
It is critical that all individuals make sure and visit the dentist on a regular basis for cleanings and check-ups in order to avoid more drastic dental issues at a later period.
Throughout his career, Dr. George has helped numerous patients manage and overcome their anxieties and dental fear through holistic approaches.
Here are some tips for reducing anxiety:
- Build Trust The most important factor in managing fears is building trust with the dentist. Once trust is built a patient can begin to break down long standing fears and overcome anxieties. Dr. George and his staff have a passion for making sure to establish a relationship and dialogue with all patients.
- Agree on a Signal Before any dental work begins we can establish a signal for the patient to give that we understand as the sign to stop. This will allow the patient to know they are in control of the situation.
- Listen to Music Music is a great way to calm yourself and drown out any fear-producing noise from dental equipment.
- Spray the Throat Throat sprays can actually help control the gag reflex. Several sprays can usually keep the gag reflex under control for an hour.
- Come with a Friend Support from a loved-one can provide confidence and support when anxiety appears.
In addition to the above actions we offer our patients homeopathic and natural products that reduce anxiety and provide anti-inflammatory benefits as well to help with healing and recovery post-visit. Also, we have natural calming herbal remedies available for appropriate cases.
Managing Dental Anxiety in San Diego
Many patients benefit from a combination of several methods mentioned above. If you have fears surrounding dental treatment please let us know, we would love to help you discover the perfect anxiety management plan for you.
Make an Appointment
Treatment of dental anxiety is an important part of holistic dentistry. If you would like to know more about how we can help you manage dental fear, or if you would like to schedule an appointment please call or visit today. At Dr. George’s San Diego dental practice we pride ourselves on providing the best care and service to our patients to help them achieve their dental goals. Stay connected, like us on Facebook!