Like many adults, you may long for a straighter smile. You may never have had braces as a child, or your teeth have since shifted, leaving you feeling self-conscious about your grin. Whatever the reason, you dream of a straighter smile that you can share with confidence. However, you may also dread the thought of braces, and you would almost rather deal with crooked teeth than with several years of orthodontic care. If this sounds familiar, you may be an excellent candidate for La Jolla short-term braces. This type of braces works much like traditional braces, but thanks to advanced treatment planning, they can transform your smile in about six months. At your first consultation, Dr. Georgaklis can determine whether you are a good candidate for San Diego short-term braces.
What Are Short-Term Braces?
Short-term braces are sometimes referred to as “speed braces” or “accelerated orthodontics.” Dr. Georgaklis proudly uses the innovative Straight Teeth in Six MonthsSM treatment, which he co-developed with his brother Clifton in the 1980’s. Straight Teeth in Six MonthsSM works using the same principles as traditional braces. Dr. Georgaklis will place clear brackets on each of your teeth, and he will connect them with a clear wire. Because of this advanced material, San Diego short-term braces are more subtle than traditional metal appliances. At regular intervals, he will tighten this wire, so that it places a gentle pressure on your teeth. He will use careful calculations to determine exactly how much force to use.
Please note that La Jolla short-term braces are an excellent option if you have cosmetic misalignment and/or moderate bite issues. However, if you have more dramatic malocclusion, you may be a better candidate for traditional braces, lingual braces, or Invisalign®.
Why You May Benefit from La Jolla Short-Term Braces
If Dr. Georgaklis determines that you are a good candidate for Straight Teeth in Six MonthsSM, there are a number of reasons to consider this innovative treatment. In addition to the subtlety mentioned above, the advantages include:
- Enhanced appearance: Perhaps the most obvious advantage of accelerated orthodontics is the benefits it can have on your smile. In just six months, you could enjoy dramatically straighter teeth. In turn, this could affect your overall appearance. A straighter smile can improve your facial symmetry, and, in some cases, it can even make you look significantly younger.
- Enhanced career: Unless you work as a model, actor, or spokesperson, your career probably does not depend on your appearance. However, if you are self-conscious about your teeth, you may be holding back unconsciously. You might avoid public speaking out of embarrassment. You may also hide your smile, giving the appearance of dissatisfaction – even if you love your job! After your orthodontic treatment, you may find that your career improves along with your smile.
- Comfort: When you choose Straight Teeth in Six MonthsSM, Dr. Georgaklis will carefully determine how much to tighten the wire at each appointment. Because the treatment uses such advanced calculations, you may find that it is more comfortable and gentle than traditional braces.
- Affordability: Traditional braces will typically remain on your teeth for 9 to 18 months. Since Straight Teeth in Six MonthsSM requires a much shorter treatment time, this option will typically cost less than other forms of orthodontic care.
- Less chance of dental stains: After their braces come off, orthodontic patients may find that they have suffered significant dental discoloration. The brackets and wires can easily trap food and bacteria, and it is hard to maintain proper dental hygiene. Because short-term braces will remain on your teeth for a much shorter time, you will face a much lower risk for discoloration.
Find Out if San Diego Short-Term Braces Are Right for You
Interested in La Jolla short-term braces? Contact Dr. Georgaklis’ office today to learn more about Straight Teeth in Six MonthsSM and to find out if this treatment is right for you.