Welcome to the second post in our Invisalign series. Our first post covered the basics of Invisalign®, and now we are going to explore a variety of different cases and scenarios for which Invisalign® may be the optimal solution.
The two primary considerations to keep in mind while exploring Invisalign® are that the straightening aligners are nearly invisible and that the treatment generally takes around a year. Invisalign® is often used on less severe orthodontic cases and for major adjustments for which traditional braces would typically be recommended.
With that in mind, Invisalign® has helped treat numerous patients with varying degrees of the following dental issues.
- Crowded Teeth—when there’s simply a lack of room within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally.
- Widely Spaced Teeth—with abnormal continued growth of the jaw bone. If teeth are missing, this can also be caused by the other teeth shifting to fill extra space.
- Crossbite—when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned.
- Overbite—when the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth. This condition is typically caused by genetics, bad oral habits, or over-development of the bone that supports the teeth.
- Underbite—when the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth. It’s usually caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both. It can also be caused by missing upper teeth.
With any of the above scenarios Invisalign® may be a great option for you to achieve your dental goals. If you are seeking a non-invasive and invisible teeth-straightening option this treatment may be perfect for you.
If you would like to learn more, please call my La Jolla, San Diego Invisalign office to schedule a free consultation today. We are conveniently located in University Town Center and can’t wait to help you meet your goals.